🎥 In a Snapshot
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
It felt like a Jane Austen story but with a more superficial approach of social issues and a more contemporary storytelling. You’ll see topics like arranged marriages, love between different social classes (not proper at the set time), but with more rebellious female characters.
What to Expect
- Cute, tenderhearted romance
- Enemies to lovers
- Insta love
- No spice
- Strategy, conspiracy and power plays
- A typical princess MC but with claws
- Rough family relationships
- Grief, death and a bit of violence
- Slow pace at times
What I Missed
- I needed more tension and better arguments to recreate an enemies-to-lovers relationship. It was too insta-love, and therefore, the initial romance felt shallow.
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Come back next week for a new review!