🎥 In a Snapshot
The Folk of the Air Series🔗Author: Holly Black
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
This series is a trilogy—reviewed below—with two additional novellas.
Black has a unique way of combining cruelty, violence and the macabre and make it sound beautiful. The story is so character-focused that you get to really know them and see how their pasts have shaped them. Their emotional evolution and rare moments of introspection are such a show of vulnerability and strength. Every piece of the puzzle is a delight to discover.
“We have lived in our armor for so long… And now I am not sure if either of us knows how to remove it. […] One piece at a time.”
What to Expect
- Hate-to-love and enemies-to-lovers relationship
- Fierce female protagonist
- Macabre, dark and cruel story and scenes
- Fast-paced and action-packed story
- Magical world with a wide variety of Fae Folk
- Intrigue, strategy, politics, power struggles, fights, and a lot of conspiracies
- Exciting and unexpected twists
- Well-built characters
Want to know more about the Fae Folk? ⤵️
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Thanks for reading. See you next week!