🎥 In a Snapshot
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
The Hurricane Wars - Audio Review
This is the first book in a trilogy.
It’s true the story needed more action, depth and character-building, but it shows promise. The world and the magic system are interesting as well.
I’ll be wanting to know what comes next.
What to Expect
- Slow burn enemies-to-lovers romance
- Power hungry leaders playing puppeteers
- Slow pace at times
- More talk, less action
- Elemental magic and magical creatures
- Arranged-marriage/political alliances
- Power plays, manipulation, political strategy
- Family complicated relationships and revelations
What I Missed
- The romance was too slow and the couple’s conversations and insecurities became repetitive. The action romance-wise happens towards the end of the book.
- The action progressively slowed and became more talks and less things happening.
- The end was anticlimactic.
- The main characters didn’t evolve much together making it difficult to feel their chemistry.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Get Started: Make sure you are getting all the benefits of Fae Reviews.
Come back next week for a new review!