🎥 In a Snapshot
Zodiac Academy Series #1-4🔗Authors: Caroline P. & Susanne V.
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
This is a nine-book series. I’ll be writing two separate reviews to comprise all the books published to this day.
What I love about this series is how the authors treat historical-inspired events and human cruelty throughout the story. You’ll find the typical power-hungry cycle where one tyrant is eliminated to be replaced by another one or worse. You’ll see bullying, violence and cruelty, superiority dynamics, all in the name of what one thinks is for the common good. It’s excruciating, real, and tearing.
What to Expect
- A wide array of fantastical creatures
- Some sexual scenes
- A lot of bullying, violence, and cruelty
- Power and political plays
- Complex character backgrounds
- Elemental and shadow magic
- A constant manifestation of resilience
- Hate to love to hate
- Prohibited relationships
What I Missed
- In this first books, the story turns repetitive: prank, resilience, prank, resilience, heavier pranks, more resilience.
- The use of Fae as a brand bordered the excess: gentlefae, Faeflix, Faeyota, cotton candfae, Cirque de Sol-Fae…
- Giving whole chapters to secondary/tertiary characters cut the flow, and their stories didn’t necessarily add important details to the main plot.
More Like This
Shadowspell Academy Series
By K.F. Breene & Shannon Mayer
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Come back next week for a new review!