🎥 In a Snapshot
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR Original Trilogy)Author: Sarah J. Maas
🔊Hit play to listen to the review:
ACOTAR for me is the backbone of contemporary Fantasy Romance. If you are new to this genre, it’s a great place to start. If you’re not, then it’s a must read.
In this review, I will be commenting on the first three books of the series. How many are there? Click here for further detail.
Immersed yourself in a fantasy world with a complex web of characters, fighting to balance and unbalance power structures; dreamers and haters both aiming to destroy the status quo in their own way. Throughout the story, Maas knits this beautiful safety net around friendship and love that reminds you that alone nothing goes. There’s grief, pain, struggle, but when you show up, hold tight to others and yourself, and keep fighting, the outcome doesn’t matter much anymore.
What to Expect
- Fantastical beings with amazing and diverse powers
- A fierce resourceful female fighter as a protagonist
- Heartbreaking scenes (expect to cry)
- Compelling and complex characters
- Couples to hate and fall in love with
- Progressive level of spiciness—no sex scenes out of place
- Shocking reveals
- Gruesome scenes showcasing characters’ cruelty
- Well structured and written plot
- Action-packed from the end of book 1 onwards
- Strong conflict uniting the three books but with puzzles/solutions on each
- A simple world but with enough details for a taste of the universe
Myths and Fairy Tales behind ACOTARCheck the Episode Here
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
📢 Spread goodness to a friend and let them know about Fae Reviews. Here they can get started.
Thanks for reading. See you next week!