🎥 In a Snapshot
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
This is the sequel and final book of this duology.
Once again, Lim has created an enchanting and cultural-rich world with an ending bordering tragedy, but in a beautiful way. Also, we continue exploring the value of strong family bonds and friendship.
What to Expect
- Action-packed story
- An attempt of a love triangle
- A star-crossed or fated love
- Fantastical creatures and magic
- A touch of tragedy
- Deceit, curses and peril
What I Missed
- It’s true that peril after peril and challenge after challenge, our characters don’t have time to rest; and therefore, sometimes the resolutions to the puzzles happen too fast, almost diminishing the importance of the scenes.
- The disappearance or lack of protagonism of certain characters leave a hole, like there’s no closure or reason why they aren’t more involved.
- Some slight open loops are left in the story.
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Thanks for reading. See you next week!