🎥 In a Snapshot
The Stolen Heir (The Stolen Heir Duology #1)🔗Author: Holly Black
🔊 Hit play if you prefer to listen to the review:
This is the first book of a YA duology that starts eight years after the former series “The Folk of the Air” ended. It’s set in the mortal lands across the Isles of Elfhame.
If you see an apple for the first time, it might be tempting to try it, but at the same time difficult to judge if there’s poison inside. If life has never shown you kindness… when there’s always someone coveting what you have… how can you know for real what trust and love look like? This story will encourage you to ask yourself what your truth looks like. Are you willing to inspect yourself in the mirror? Will you learn to love even your darkest bits? The truth always comes out, and though painful sometimes, it won’t ever hurt more than a lie. Will your inner power heal or corrupt all around?
What to Expect
- Trickery and distrust—who are friends? Who are foes?
- A game of politics and strategy
- Potential romance
- Interesting twists, though some could be guessed
- A touch of the macabre
- Cliffhanger at the end
What I Missed
- More romance, though our protagonists would make an unorthodox couple.
- It wasn’t easy to feel their chemistry as with Jude and Cardan.
- There were many layers to unravel in our protagonists that I failed to fully grasp their personalities.
- With Suren, she seemed to have two selves struggling within. Which one is her true self? Or are they both?
- It’s inevitable to wish for the cunning strategizing Jude gave us in the former series. There was some here, but less devious and spotless.
More Like This
The Folk of the Air Series
By Holly Black
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Thanks for reading. See you next week!