🎥 In a Snapshot
It’s the end of the original trilogy!
What I probably enjoyed the most was the hidden strategy and a couple of surprising turns especially towards the end of the book. Also, let’s not forget Maas world-building with its intricate details, its fantasy and possibilities and how the characters fit into it.
What to Expect
- A small look into Maas’s metaverse
- Multiple fantastical species
- Different sources of magic
- Interesting plot twists
- Final answers and revelations
- Spice and multiple love relationships
- Old and new characters into play
- New political roles and hierarchical changes
- Multiple POV
- Slower pace except towards the end
- Violence, torture and crude scenes
What I Missed
- I have to admit I thought Bryce’s encounter in the new world was going to be different. I missed seeing some beloved characters in action and even as part of Midgard’s salvation.
- I lost some respect on Bryce, the female main character. She was very selfish and rash in some of her decisions, not considering their impact on others. Also, her relationship with Hunt lost some equal grounds, even treating him as a puppet and disregarding his ordeal.
- Some secondary characters’ journey and POV got in the way of the story and its flow.
❤️ Enjoyed This Review?
Thanks for reading. See you next week!